When student organizations are not able to pay for large purchases up front, the student organization can request the purchase to be made with the OSA Pcard. The student organization is still responsible for the expense, but this process avoids student reimbursements. Due to processing time, please start at least two weeks before P-Card needs to be used.
- An authorized signer must complete the form
- The use of the Pcard is dependent upon availability and is subject to change.
- The purchase must be over $150.
- Complete the request form does not guarantee that the OSA will be able to assist your organization, only that your request will be reviewed.
- The Pcard request much be completed at least 10 business days before the purchase is needed,
- Any materials purchased with the Pcard must be delivered to an on-campus address.
- All receipts from the purchase must be sent to Mariah Fiumara as soon as they are received. Failure to send receipts in a timely manner could result in loss of future Pcard use.
- Fill out the PCard use request form.
- Requests are reviewed weekly. You will be contacted with a decision once OSA has reviewed your request.
- OSA will then direct you further on how to proceed with securing the payment.
Travel Advance Funds Request:
Student organizations can request Travel Advance Funds for travel expenses incurred while away from Ann Arbor on an organizational activity. These funds come from the organization’s SOAS account and are processed through the Office of Student Affairs so that students do not have to personally cover large traveling costs up front. Please note that this process MUST be completed by an Authorized Signer. Due to processing time, please start at least two weeks before departure for advances under $5,000, and at least three weeks for advances over $5,000.
- Email Mariah Fiumara with a budget for your trip. This budget should include any expenses that the travel advance will need to cover. A meeting with then be scheduled.
- During the meeting the budget and the travel advance process will be reviewed.
- If everything is in order, then after the meeting the authorized signer will be entered in to the system in order to receive the advance.
- Once the student has been authorized (this could take a few days) then they will be contacted to come to the office and pick up paperwork which they can then take to the credit union to receive the funds.
- During the trip the authorized user will be personally responsible for the advanced funds. This includes, controlling access to the funds, maintaining a ledger to show how the funds have been used, and keeping track of all itemized receipts for every purchase.
- Within two weeks of returning from the trip, the authorized user will return to the Office of Student Affairs the hard copies of the receipts, a digital PDF of the receipts, the digital ledger, and a list of trip participants.
- OSA will then reconcile the expenses. After the student and OSA has agreed on the final expense number, the student will return all unused funds via check.
- After the check from the unused funds has been processed the student will return to OSA to review the final reconciliation and sign. Then the student will transfer all of used funds back to OSA through an SOAS transfer and send a screen capture of the transfer to OSA Staff.