If you are a student organization looking for funding from the College of Engineering, start here! All funding requests flow through this office and are used to support student org activities, events, travel, and services. Requests for funding are reviewed on a monthly basis, must meet the following requirements, will be awarded based on the criteria below, and must follow the process as described.
- Those applying must be engineering-affiliated, recognized student organizations, in good standing with the University.
- The application must be completed in its entirety and submitted by the appropriate deadline listed below.
- The submission must include a detailed budget document (XLS or PDF format).
- Number of participants involved
- Degree of direct and indirect benefit to CoE students
- Scope, scale, and timeline of event design and execution
- Efforts made to collaborate with other student organizations
- Efforts made to obtain funding from other sources
- Financial contribution from the student organization to the event/activity
- Financial status and/or demonstrated need for funds
- Application completeness and presentation
*Please note that the following will not be considered for funding:
- Applications with non-itemized budgets
- Food for general meetings
- As a public institution, the University of Michigan prohibits the use of funding for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, and firearms as well as for political campaigning/lobbying
- International Travel – There is a separate application for this that is open from October to March. It can be found here.
- Have an AUTHORIZED SIGNER complete the online application before the deadline (the application can be found on at the bottom of the page).
- If the application is complete, it will be reviewed by the OSA department after the deadline has passed. If the application is incomplete a member of OSA will contact the listed student for more information or decline the request.
- When the application is reviewed by OSA, decisions can result in the following:
- Funding the entire amount requested
- Funding a reduced amount requested
- Funding with specific restrictions
- Funding a reduced amount of the request with restrictions
- Denying the entire request
- Decisions will be communicated via email to the applicant.
- If the request is approved, funds will be transferred to the org’s SOAS account. Please note that this may take up to 21 business days.
- Organizations receiving an award will receive an email from OSA following the event to complete an evaluation of the activity. This must be completed within 30 days of receiving the email. Failure to do so will impact future funding decisions and may alter the student organization’s status with the college.
*Please note that funds will not be awarded retroactively, make sure to submit your request prior to the deadline before your event date.
|September 12th, 2023||January 9th, 2024|
|October 10th, 2023||February 13th, 2024|
|November 7th, 2023||March 12th, 2024|
|December 12th, 2023||April 9th, 2024|