If you are a student organization looking for funding from the College of Engineering, start here! All funding requests flow through this office and are used to support student org activities, events, travel, and services. Requests for funding are reviewed on a monthly basis, must meet the following requirements, will be awarded based on the criteria below, and must follow the process as described.
- Those applying must be engineering affiliated, recognized student organizations, in good standing with the University.
- The application must be completed in its entirety and submitted by the appropriate deadline listed below.
- The submission must include a detailed budget document (XLS or PDF format) and an agenda. Use this template and these instructions as a guide.
- Number of participants involved
- Degree of direct and indirect benefit to CoE students
- Scope, scale, and timeline of even design and execution
- Effort made to collaborate with other student organizations
- Effort made to obtain funding from other sources
- Financial contribution of the student organization to the event/activity
- Financial status and/or demonstrated need for funds
- Application completeness and presentation
*Please note that the following will not be considered for funding:
- Applications with non-itemized budgets
- Food for general meetings
- As a public institution, the University of Michigan prohibits the use of fund for purchase of alcohol, tobacco, and fire arms as well as for political campaigning/lobbying.
- Due to COVID, we will also not be funding any large gathering, travel (domestically or internationally), or any event that would violate CCI’s Public Health-Informed Safety Measures for Recognized Student Organizations. If you have questions about if your request would be approved, please reach out to Mariah Fiumara at email@example.com.
- Have an AUTHORIZED SIGNER complete the online application before the deadline.
- If the application is complete, it will be reviewed by the OSA department after the deadline has passed. If the application is complete a member of OSA will contact the listed student for more information or decline the request.
- When the application is reviewed by OSA, decisions can result in the following:
- Funding the entire amount requested
- Funding a reduced amount requested
- Funding with specific restrictions
- Funding a reduced about the request with restrictions
- Denying the entire request
- Decisions will be communicated via email to the applicant.
- If the request is approved, funds will be transferred to the org’s SOAS account. Please not that this may take up to 21 business days.
- Organizations receiving an allocation will receive an email from OSA following the event to complete an evaluation of the activity. This must be completed within 21 days of receiving the email. Failure to do so will impact future funding decisions and may alter the student organization’s status with the college.
*Please not that funds will not be awarded retroactively, make sure the submit your request prior to the deadline before your event date.
|September 8th, 2020||
January 12th, 2021
October 6th, 2020
February 16th, 2021
November 10th, 2020
March 9th, 2021
December 8th, 2020
April 13th, 2021
**At this time, due to University restrictions on traveling, we are not able to provide any funding for domestic or international travel for student organizations or individuals. We will change this policy once the University lifts this restriction.