“The mission of the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Student Organization Subteam (DEI SOS) is to transform the future of tomorrow by enabling students in University of Michigan College of Engineering student organizations to reach their full potential. We are a subteam of the DEI Student Advisory Board committed to exposing all students in engineering student teams, organizations and societies of every background to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts put forth by the DEI Strategic Plan.”
- Collect, create, implement, and advocate for inclusive initiatives in student org spaces
- Educate the student organization community on inclusive practices and tools
- Provide support for student organizations in their DEI initiatives and challenges
- Must be a current University of Michigan College of Engineering Student
- Must be currently apart of an Engineering Affiliated Student Organization
- Be willing to commit at least 2-5 hours per week
- Must be able to serve one academic year
Are you interested in being part of this new initiative?
Due date for applications is September 21st, 2018 at 11:59pm.
The first meeting will be the week of October 1-5, 2018.